The Skål International Club of the Year Award will be governed by the following rules:
Who may enter?
All Skål Clubs worldwide that meet all the requirements listed below. Headquarters will carry on a thorough revision to determine the
- Payment of annual membership fees received at Headquarters, making sure the name of those members renewing is confirmed before 28 February of current year.
- Confirm the composition of the Club’s Board of Officers to Headquarters before 5 April of current year.
- Net increase of 10% in membership or a minimum of 10 new active members for Clubs with more than 100 members (from 1 April 2018 to 31 March of current year).
- Voting delegate at two Skål World Congresses in the past five years.
- Contribution to the Florimond Volckaert Fund or the Membership Development Fund, through donations or vouchers for the Raffle or Silent Auction (from 1 January to 28 February of current year).
- That the Club has a website for external communications
- That the Club is active in at least one social media platform such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
The eligible Clubs will be invited to produce a three minute video (preferably published on YouTube), outlining their achievements, initiatives, activities, etc. undertaken during the last year. The videos must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22 July of current year.
Each Club worldwide, including the nominees, will be invited to vote electronically for the Club they consider should be declared winner and will be allowed to vote for a Club in its own country.
Senior Vice President, Junior Vice President and Senior Director will make up a panel of judges to represent the Executive Committee and each of them will vote individually.
If a Club from a country of one of the Vice Presidents and/or Senior Director is among the Clubs nominated to compete, another Director(s), in order of seniority, will deputise.
Clubs will determine 60% of the votes while the Executive Committee will determine 40%.
The Club receiving the highest joint score will be declared ‘Skål Club of the Year’.